Sunday, February 26, 2012

Taking Care of

I'm sure that just about everyone has heard about our New Years junk, but here's a quick re-cap...

Greg did get into an accident in his work truck, and was therefore let go at his job. There are a bunch of nitty-gritty details as to what happened, and frankly, I think that Greg is nothing less than a hero for managing not to run into houses, and only coming out of it with a gash on his calf and head. We are so grateful that Greg is ok, and we are in the processes of suing the company.

I have just been thinking a lot lately about how much Heavenly Father takes care of us. Just before this happened, a person at my work quit. We still had not filled her hours, and I was able to take those hours to help us make it through financially. Greg was also able to find a temp job a week after he was let go. I have to say though that the most amazing thing has been the strength that I have felt. I literally have had no time, and have only been getting 3-6 hours of sleep a night. Student teaching has been a bit rough. It is hard to be patient with children when you are tired and cranky. Work has also been a bit hard for me to stay focused, and not fall asleep while I'm there alone at the computer until midnight. I also hate the nights when Greg works, and I come home to a very quite house. There have been many tears, and it has been so hard, but I have felt a kind of power and strength that I know is not coming from me. I'm so grateful to have the knowledge that he is there for me.

The good new is that I only have one month left of student teaching, and Greg is super excited about going back to school. He is probably going to start in May, and he has an appointment with is counselor on Tues. This makes me so happy! He has wanted this for such a long time. All of this crap has made me so grateful for everything! I have never appreciated having 10 minutes of doing whatever I want so much before. I really do have a good life! Also, I just have to tell everyone what an awesome husband I have!!!!! He has been cleaning everything, cooking everything, and holding me tight when I feel overwhelmed and just need to cry. He has taught me a lot about being strong, and not giving up.

I am so lucky...

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, you are amazing!! I wish I had your strength! I'm sorry Greg lost his job, I hope things turn out well there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about Greg! I hope the law suit goes well for you guys, that's awful. It sounds like a pretty scary accident and I'm glad it didn't turn out worse.

    I'm also so so glad that you've felt the Lord strengthening you in this. I wish I could give you a hug too right now!

    I'm also so happy you met Greg... holy cow... has it been about 6 years? I can still remember you telling me about him back then, and seeing your excitement. I'm so glad you guys have each other and that he's taking such good care of you. =)

    I wish you guys luck, and Greg luck with going back to school soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you are lucky to have him but he is also lucky to have YOU! You two complete each other so well!

    I am so sorry to hear about all the junk you've guys had to deal with. You have a lot of people praying you for you and wanting to help out whenever you need it! Love ya chica!

    ReplyDelete