Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sweet April

Ahhhhhh, things have been going fairly well this month.  I turned in my senior project on the 6th, my teacher gave me a hug, and I was done.  I still can't believe it some days.  I applied to about 90 schools, got one interview, and have heard nothing back.  I have decided that I am going to get the things together for my portfolio, and take about a month-long break from looking for a job.  The craziness of those last three months has left me a bit wounded, and I need some time to heal before being able to handle that kind of rejection from the job world. 

It has been absolutely wonderful getting more than 4 hours of sleep each night, and actually eating breakfast!!  I also love working fulltime at the bookstore.  Most of all I love actually having time for the things and people that I love.  Greg and I both read the first Hunger Games book seperately before the movie came out.  We decided to read the next two together.  We layed out the mattresses in the extra room side-by-side and just read for hours.  The room has clouds painted on the ceiling and a big tree on the wall.  It really felt like we were just cuddling outside on a cool day and reading.  It was the greatest feeling in the world.  It made me realize just how much I had missed Greg, my best friend. 

We have started running again, I have been playing some piano, bought the strings so that I can finally learn the guitar, playing video games, reading sciptures together, playing with our kitties, and doing many other things that make life exciting.  Though we still have some big concerns, things seem to be going much better this month. 

And in case you didn't know....It is Greg's birthday today!!  We went to Red Robin yesterday, and I made him a treasure hunt for his presents again this year.  It is always fun to watch him try to figure out my clues.  (Also infomative as he repeats over and over again that we don't keep any canned fruit anywhere. :)  Happy Birthday to my Hot Hubby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment