Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mini Vaca 2011

This year for our 5 year anniversary, we had a mini-vaca. :) Since we have very little money, we decided to stay local. We left at about 11:00am on Monday and say a hilarious play called "Noises off" at the Shakespeare festival in Cedar City. It was by far the funniest play that we have ever seen. We also got our own private box to see the play in. That made such a huge difference in our experience. Greg is usually swashed, but we both had plenty of room. And of course..I forgot to take pics even though I made sure to have the camera right in my purse before we left. Oh well, it was still super awesome!




After the play, we drove to Springdale to our hotel which had an awesome view.








When we got there, we had an awesome surprise. There was a giant bathtub in the corner, right in front of the TV! Sweet! We picked up pizza and some drinks and just sat in the tub while we ate and watched TV. It was awesome.




We woke up at about 6:30am the next morning so that we could eat, and catch the shuttle to Zions National Park. We headed up the Angel's Landing trail very first, and it was a beautiful view.

We got up to the very top and then there was only 0.5 of a mile to go. That is where the trail started to get scary with chains to hold onto and a sign saying to be careful because 6 people have died on this part blah blah...so I didn't go on that part. lol. Greg, being the fearless man that he is, ventured on. lol. I waited with a group of other people at the summit until Greg came back. He offered to go again if I wanted to try, but I couldn't do it. We are planning on going back next year, and I'm going to finish it! We have also already decided that we are going to hike the Narrows trail next year too. Part of the train is the actual Virgin River, and there are parts where you are up to your chest in water. Sweet! You do have to have some special equipment though, which is why we didn't go on it this year.




Anyway, after Angel's Landing we stopped to eat our lunch and then went on a shorter trail called "The River Walk". It was really beautiful, but there were also people EVERYWHERE. I've never been on a hike that was more crowded. Here we are at the end of the trail.









Our last hike was through the lower, middle, and upper Emerald pools. I think this was my favorite. It was so beautiful and there were much fewer people the further you went up. You also get to walk under this water fall at the lower pool, which felt really nice because it was hot!





I don't think that I took any pictures of the middle pool, but it was more like a puddle anyway. We found out that this is not the best time of the year to come because everything is so dry. Here is Greg on his way to the upper pool.




And then we were at the top...where we discovered no waterfall. Haha, yeah it was a little bit disappointing, but still beautiful.




We stopped at the lodge for an icecream cone and then hopped back on the shuttle. We wished that we could have done more, but there's always next year. :) We got back to our hotel and finished our pizza while watching "Dinner for Smucks" in our little hot tub.


PART II

I wanted to post this in two blogs so it wasn't super long, but it won't let me remove the pics from here to put in a different post so this is part 2 if you are tired of reading. lol.


We headed back home on Wednesday morning. We spent a few hours at home and then I packed up my stuff (including a box of red hair dye) and went over to my parents house. Greg had this amazing idea a couple of months ago to celebrate our weight loss with a little prom date. Haha, so I stayed at my parent's house on Wednesday my sweet mom went into work late on Thursday so that she could help me get ready for my prom. :) (Did I ever tell you that my husband is the best, because he is!)


So Greg showed up at about 10:00am on Thursday with a coursage and bouteneir (however you spell them. lol.) My dad took pics (which are coming soon) and we headed out. Greg and kept everything a surprise so I had no idea where we were going. When I got in the car, Greg started his mp3 player and it had a bunch of our songs on there. Ahh, he is so sweet! The first stop was Peteetneet museum. It had a lot of really cool stuff, including an entire room filled with things from the wars.


Next he took me to Kneader's for lunch. Yumm!! Turkey, bacon and Avacado, on foccacia bread my favorite!!


Then we went to the $ theater to watch Green Lanter 3D. I really liked the whole theme of that one. The power of will!! Awesome. Then we came home and played video games for a while. We had dinner and then danced at our prom! Greg plugged in his mp3 player into the kitchen and we had our own little prom by candlelight. It was amazing.



I still can't believe that we have been married for 5 years already. Wow. I also can't believe how lucky I am to have someone so wonderful as my partner. I love you Greg, forever and ever.




2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun mini-vacation! I'm glad you guys have such fun together. Also, you are gorgeous!! (What was the box of red dye for? Did you dye your hair??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little vacations are always so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete