Thursday, May 29, 2014

Schuyler - May 29, 2014

Today was kind of a sad day for our sweet little guy.  He's still doing well with digesting, and breathing with just some assistance from his cannula.  He did get his pic line out today, which is good news, but apparently it really hurt our little man.  The pic line was in his head, and taped down.  He was actually born with quite a bit of hair, so when they removed the tape, it hurt his little head.

The nurses said that they had never heard him cry so loud.  :( I wished I would have been there, but my mom was there helping.  (She's the NICU director, but was there visiting on her day off) She said they used water and were real soft while they gave him some sweet stuff on his binky.  I could tell he was so wiped out by the time I got there.

So still doing great, just a bit of a sad day.  He did also gain 60 grams last night - 2lbs and 6 oz.

1 comment: