Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring "Break"

So this week has been spring break from my teaching job.  I got a few extra hours at Pioneer Book, but all in all, things were pretty low-key.  I had a list of things that I haven't had time to catch up on for the break.  I got them all done on Tuesday so that I could have a relaxing rest of the week.  However, I have discovered something - I no longer know how to relax. lol.  I'm so used to having to use any down time that I have wisely, that it was just too weird to simply sit and do nothing.  So, I present to you a list of all that I got done, because that is now what makes me happy.  (the only things on the original list were the bathrooms, and laundry)

All 3 bathrooms perfectly cleaned
All laundry done and put away
Dishes all done and put away
Cookbooks sorted and each recipe that we've cook rated 1-5 (yes this was fun to me, in case you didn't know yet, I'm a nerd. lol)
Floors mopped, and vacuumed 
Meals for the week cooked
Bills paid
Meals planned for next week, and shopping list done
Rice, lentils, quinoa, etc sorted into little plastic jars in my cupboard instead of annoying bags
Garage cleaned and swept
Dump run - tree that had been cut down and old couch now gone!
Rose bushes trimmed
Front yard mostly cleaned up
Leaves racked up and put into pile until garbage day, because my can is already full from the junk in the garage.  
Drew out our garden plan for the front yard
Fixed my bike's flat tire and went on a bike ride
& Put in my order for school

Which leads me to today.  I have decided that it would be an absolute waste if I did not take at least one day to relax a little bit.  So, I got my bowl of oatmeal, watched "The Notebook" with my cuddly kitties in bed, read a little bit, and now... the twitch has started to come back. lol.  Greg and I are going to my favorite restaurant this afternoon, and then both going to work after that.  So I'm just trying to decide if I should give into the twitch, and add to my list, or really just make myself relax... We will see.  I'm actually kind of excited to get back to school, and really not at the same time.  Only 6 more weeks for me, and then it's time for summer!  I'm ready to get in there and get it done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment