Sunday, December 9, 2012

Awesome Things

So I woke up this morning with Greg cuddled on one side of me, Kahlan cuddled up on my back, and Moira snuggled up between my feet.  It made me feel smothered...smothered in love! Anyway, I have just been thinking about what good things I have in my life, and  I decided to make a list, and here they are: (in no particular order of importance)

1- Friends:  I know I am not the easiest person to deal with, and that I'm severely lacking in the being a good friend department, but thank you for loving me anyway, and being patient with me.  I am trying to do better. 

2- Family: I love you!  I'm seriously the luckiest person in the world on this one.  Both my side and Greg's side have always been caring, supportive, and amazing.  I so grateful for parents who taught me about hardwork, dedication, love, and who always made me feel accepted just the way that I was.  Thank you all parents for your sacrifices and pure awesomeness!

3- Greg: There are literally no words that I could put down to describe how grateful I am for my best friend and husband.  I'm kind of tearing up right now just thinking about him.  Life is a million times better when I'm with him.  Thank you Greg...for EVERYTHING.

4- Cat-Babies: Our kitties really are our babies.  Kahlan comes and cuddles up on me almost every night, and Moira will come attack from behind when she wants to play.  Some nights we all just run around chasing each other around the house. 

5- My religion: I do admit, after working 60-70 hours during the week, it's hard to go get the motivation to go sometimes, but I can tell you that I don't know what I would do without it.  There are days when that is the only thing that gets me through.  It also helps me to keep in mind what really matters.  I'm so grateful to know that there is a life after this one, and that we are given the tools to make this life as joyful as it can be.

6- Running and lifting weights: Ok this is the last one I will expound on because this post is already a bit long. I cannot even explain how much running has changed my life.  I have a greater appreciation for my body, and what it can do.  I feel stronger and have more energy.  For me, running is not just running.  It is religious in a way.  There is a feeling of power and control that comes when you have been running for so long, and everything is telling you to stop - you can't take anymore, and you don't give into that.  It really is an amazing feeling. 

7- Jobs/finances

8- Food!!!

9- Good books and movies

10- Cars

11- Living in this time in history

12- Toilet Paper  :)

13- Warm blankets

14- Hot chocolate.... well all chocolate really. 

15- Snow falling on a Saturday night after I'm home so I don't have to drive in it. 

16- Christmas lights

17- Homes

18- Plants/Nature

19- Learning/opportunity to grow and become better

20- Imagination/creativity

21- Music!

22- Art!

23- Compassion

24- Strength

25- Each new day

1 comment: