Sunday, June 8, 2014

Smiling Boy :)

Schuyler is doing really well.  We are mostly just now waiting for him to grow, and to grow out of normal preemie things (like those darn Brady's).  He especially loves to Brady when my mom's around.  :)  He seems bigger every time we see him, and has been awake a lot more. 

He has started smiling so much this week.  It really makes my day.  One of the nurses also said that Schuyler made her day.  She was in kind of a bad mood, and then saw him smiling so much that it made her feel better - already smooth with the ladies.  ;)

They all say that he's such a sweet baby, but a bit mischievous.  The other day we were putting him back in his bed after I held him, and in five minutes he pulled his nasal cannula out three times, peed in his brand new diaper, nearly pulled out his feeding tube, and was kicking like crazy the whole time.  We all know who's in charge.   

Best part of this week - no more CPAP!  He is on a high flow nasal cannula.  Thank goodness, because that CPAP was squishing his little face, and they had to give him a sedative when he was wearing it so that he would keep it on.  


My sweet man has been awake more and more when I come visit him.  I could just watch him for hours.  



First time seeing him with the new cannula.  I love his little face!

I finally caught a smile!

 Can't believe how much he looks like Greg in this picture.  


Getting ready to give him a sponge bath.  


Daddy earned some cuddle time after changing a super nasty poop-filled diaper.  I wish I would have gotten some pics of that.  




I also finished sewing  a boppy cover.  

2 comments: